To help guide your thinking, remember the five love languages. Here are a few examples:
- Quality Time – Take your heartmate to the skating rink and enjoy some time holding one another up (at least that’s how it works in our house. #MrCantSkate).
- Words of Affirmation – Etch a heart, initials and a message into the ice of a frozen pond. Note: If you heartmate isn’t into PDA, be sure it is possible to cover up the message with snow after it has been seen.
- Acts of Service – Salt a path in the driveway for your heartmate before they arrive home. For an added touch, use the opportunity to leave a message or hearts along the edges.
- Gifts – When in doubt, diamonds are great “ice” for her. On a totally different tack, consider carving an ice sculpture ahead of time for your heartmate and making it a “destination surprise” for a winter walk together.
- Physical Touch – ‘Tis the season for accidental sprains. Be ready with a comforting ice pack and apply it tenderly while watching a favorite movie together.
Let’s have some fun with this! Leave a suggestion in a comment for a chance to win a copy of “Love & Respect” courtesy of the Thomas Nelson Publishing’s Love & Respect contest.